Mayor Layne’s not on the ballot this year, but statewide offices are. Here’s how you can vote in the 2023 Primary!
Online portal to request a mail-in absentee ballot https://govote.ky.gov
Opens 4/1 and closes 5/2 at 11:59 P.M.
Ballots for the May 2023 Primary may be returned by mail or to the secure drop box located inside the Franklin County Clerk’s Office during normal business hours of 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Ballots must be received in the clerk’s office by May 16th at 6:00 pm.
DROPBOX for absentee ballots is located at the Clerk’s office at 315 W. Main Street in Frankfort
General Absentee Information
Kentucky registered voters may vote at the precinct in which they are assigned on Election Day or, if eligible, may cast an absentee ballot by mail or walk in at the county clerk’s office prior to Election Day. Kentucky law does not provide for early voting or unexcused absentee voting.
You must fulfill one of the following criteria to be eligible to vote absentee:
- Are a voter who will be out of the county on the day of the election.
- Are a voter whose employment location requires you to be absent from the county all hours and all days on Election Day
- Are military personnel confined to a military base or are overseas on Election Day
- Are a student or resident who temporarily resides outside of the county
- Are voter or spouse of a voter who has surgery scheduled that will require hospitalization on Election Day
- Are unable to go to the polls on Election Day due to age, disability, or illness
- Are a pregnant woman in your third trimester
- Are a precinct officer appointed to serve in a precinct location other than their own
- Are a Deputy County Clerk
- Are a county or state Board of Elections staff
Early Voting Locations – All Precincts
You Can Vote Early at any of the following locations on May 11th, 12th, or 13th, 2023:
- Old Frankfort Plant Board Building – 317 W 2nd St.
- Capital City Christian Church – 15 Locust Dr.
- Capital City Activity Center– 202 Medical Heights Dr.
Thursday, May 11th & Friday May 12th hours: 8:00am-6:00 pm – Saturday, May 13th, 6:00 am-2:00 pm
Tuesday, May 16th – 6 a.m. – 6 p.m
Collins Lane Elementary – 1 Cougar Ln.
Hearn Elementary- 300 Copperleaf Blvd.
Franklin County High School- 1100 E Main St.
Peaks Mill Elementary- 100 Peaks Mill Rd.
Western Hills High School- 100 Doctors Dr.
Westridge Elementary- 200 Oak Ridge Dr.
Bald Knob Fire Station- 355 Flat Creek Rd.Switzer Fire Station – 911 Switzer Rd.
Kentucky State University, Exum Center – 400 E. Main St.
Yes Arts (former FPB Bldg.) – 317 W 2nd St.
Capital City Christian Church – 15 Locust Dr.
Capital City Activity Center – 202 Medical Heights Dr.